At SkinMedico we use the latest skin-scanning technology. OBSERV is a state-of-the-art digital imaging system which looks at eight key areas of your complexion to determine where your skin might need some extra help, as well as where your skin is already doing well:
1. Spots are typically brown or red skin lesions including freckles, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation and vascular lesions. Spots are distinguishable by their distinct colour and contrast from the background skin tone.
2. Pores are the circular surface openings of sweat gland ducts. Due to shadowing, pores appear darker than the surrounding skin tone and are identified by their darker colour and circular shape.
3. Wrinkles are furrows, folds or creases in the skin, which increase in occurrence as a result of sun exposure, and are associated with decreasing skin elasticity.
4. Texture is primarily an analysis of skin smoothness. Texture measures skin colour and smoothness by identifying gradations in colour from the surrounding skin tone, as well as peaks and valleys on the skin surface that indicate variations in the surface texture.
5. Porphyrins are bacterial excretions that can become lodged in pores and lead to acne. Porphyrins fluoresce in UV light and exhibit circular white spot characteristics.
6. UV Spots occur when melanin coagulates below the skin surface as a result of sun damage. UV spots are generally invisible under normal lighting conditions. The selective absorption of the UV light by the epidermal melanin enhances its display and detection by OBSERV.
7. Red Areas represent a potential variety of conditions, such as acne, inflammation, Rosacea or spider veins. Blood vessels and haemoglobin contained in the papillary dermis, a sub-layer of skin, give these structures their red colour, which is detected by the Technology in OBSERV. Acne spots and inflammation vary in size but are generally round in shape. Rosacea is usually larger and diffuse compared to acne, spider veins usually are short, thin and can be interconnected in a dense network.
8. Brown spots are lesions on the skin such as hyper-pigmentation, freckles, lentigines, and melasma. Brown Spots occur from an excess of Melanin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes in the bottom layer of the epidermis.
At SkinMedico, we offer you a full medical assessment prior to your first treatment. The skin analysis forms part of that assessment. We will advise you on an individualised plan of treatment to suit your needs. This process gives you a great opportunity to ask all the questions that you might have and discuss the treatment plan. Once we design your individualised treatment plan with you, we will follow your progress and continue monitoring and updating it as necessary to adapt to the needs of your skin.
Free Aesthetic Consultation. Call us today and get a free consultation with one of our Medical Aesthetic Practitioners. Call us free now on 0330 999 6833 or email us at email@example.com.